The Cardiometabolic Food Plan allows people to use food medicinally to treat the common underlying causes for both cardiovascular and metabolic disease states. This food plan is designed for the following individuals:
- Those with risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- Those with risk factors for dysfunctional metabolic conditions such as metabolic syndrome,
type 2 diabetes (T2D), or both
- Those with CVD (e.g., high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and elevated blood fats)
- Those with metabolic syndrome (e.g., high blood sugar, increased belly fat)
- Those with T2D About The Institute for Functional Medicine The IFM believes health and vitality are essential to the human spirit. The IFM works to advance the highest expression of individual health by advocating Functional Medicine as the standard of care.